- New interview with John Shirley from The Fantasy Hive.
- Blue Öyster Cult's first studio album in nineteen years—The Symbol Remains—features five songs
with lyrics by John Shirley. See the Music section for more information.
- John Shirley's novel Stormland will be released on April 13, 2021. Pre-order now.
Publishers Weekly says: "Howling super-hurricanes, grisly torture scenes, and the horrors of scientific
experimentation on human brains make for harrowing reading. This is a sober warning about the
seductive dangers of power." (Read the full review here.)
- John Shirley's latest collection The Feverish Stars is now available! Published by
From the introduction by R. C. Matheson:
"In the ominous precincts of dark fiction, Byronic gangster John Shirley’s singular work is distinguished by swans and knives of prose; divine menace. Twenty of his finest
stories are gathered in this volume of poetic distress calls; whether terror, horror or a cosmos seeping bleak karma. The many addicted to Shirley’s stunning work savor
it as ground zero of the real deal; grace and sodium pentothal that autopsy and awaken; his voice shifting from satirical heresy, to heartache; torrents of shock."
- Epic fantasy novel Sorcerer in Atlantis will be pubished by Hippocampus Publications later in 2021.
- John Shirley's prog rock album with prog guitar maestro Jerry King, Spaceship Landing in a Cemetery: John Shirley & Jerry King is available
from Jupiter Music in the USA, is available as a digital download or a limited edition CD.
- Cloud Over Jupiter with John Shirley has released a video of "In Stormland," a song about the forthcoming novel Stormland.
COJ's Short Stories for Tall Aliens features twelve original previously unreleased tracks written
primarily by Shirley and Jupiter's multi-instrumentalist, Jerry King. With the help of ex-Muffin's horn man & keyboardist Dave Newhouse, and experimental guitar work from Bret Harold Hart and
Pete Prown, is a Lovecraftian journey to a world teetering on the edge of widespread extinction.
- Reprehensible Records will soon release a John Shirley & the Screaming Geezers album. First on CD, later on vinyl. Twelve hard rock and post punk songs.
Comparisons to Social Distortion and the Velvet Underground...